Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day One

Today was my first day at G-School. We got here around 10:00 this morning(central time). We got here and went straight to registration. I got my t-shirts and a map and all that great stuff. We then went to go get a key to my room, I am in room 144. We then unloaded all my stuff and (in true Echols form) made a list of what was needed. Lunch and Target were next on the list. We then came back and went to a fabulous meeting to introduce us to the big cheese and her crumbs. Then I said one last good-bye to my parents and was left by myself and David's family. We went to eat lunch at Ruby Tuesday where I had a great burger with endless fries. It was great. We then went back to the dorm and said the last of the good-byes. I then came back to my room to see if my room mate was here and he was not so i went to David's room with him to meet his room mate who he had also not meet. With meeting his room mate we also meet some other theater and vocal people from his school and some dorms near him. They were all pretty nice. We then proceeded to dinner where I had nothing. We then all walked over to our theater meeting where they introduced us to everyone we will work with. We then were told whether we were doing the musical or the straight play, I am in the play. I am excited and disappointed. Excited cause I don't get to do this a lot so I'll get a lot out of it, but disappointed cause they told us that if we couldn't sing that well we wouldn't be in the play. I also brought a ton a music thinking I would be singing, but turns out I'm not, but in the words of so many wise teachers "take what you get and don't care a bit." I am not sitting in my room by my self hoping that my room mate, who I still haven't meet will show up. At 9:30 I have to go to a dorm meeting and then bright and early in the morning I have to be ready for pictures which I will leave to go to a dance class. I am trying to have to best attitude toward everything that comes my way. I thank you for all you prayer and miss you all. Talk to you again soon.

2 comments:

  1. Boy Child,
    You rock! You will be wonderful in whatever production you're in. You will learn in whatever production you're in. Seize it!

    I hope that by now you've met your roommate. Has he moved in?
    We're all pooped here at home. VBS prep is always an exciting time. We're going to bed so that we can be ready for the boys and girls.

    I hope your first day goes well and that you make some life long friends.
    Full of hope....
    Your momma, Roberta

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get to be in musicals ALL the time -- enjoy the play while you get a chance! Perhaps they had so many good singers that they said "alright, let's take one of the singers who can actually act and put them in the play". Don't read too much into it; *i* know you're a great singer and you should too. And you're going to be thrown headfirst into a musical as soon as you get back. Take advantage of the break!

    I'll be missing you at the first Producers rehearsal tonight. Have fun with your first real day at G'School!

    love Fiona xxx

    ReplyDelete